MCC Theater seeks highly personable and welcoming, part-time ushers to join MCC’s staff. Usher staff report to both the Audience Services Manager and Marketing & Audience Services Assistant and will work closely with the House Managers and Assistant House Managers.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
With the opening of the $20 million state-of-the-art Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space on West 52nd Street in January 2019, MCC brought all programming and administrative operations under one roof for the first time in its history. The space features two state-of-the-art theaters, the Newman Mills Theater (245 seats) and the Susan & Ronald Frankel Theater (100+ seats, flexible configuration), two studios, and ample public space. Notable recent productions include Only Gold, Space Dogs, The Wrong Man, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Charm, Punk Rock, and many others over its 30+ years
RESPONSIBILITIES: Ushers play a vital role as the front line of customer service to MCC audience members
- Ushering and ticket taking for 2 theater spaces.
- Assist in directing patrons to appropriate theater spaces, restrooms, box office and bar.
- Maintain knowledge of the MCC productions currently playing and in the season.
- Assist the House Manager and/or Assistant House Manager.
- May need to operate the Elevator to assist the control of people traffic as well as assist patrons in transit to their proper theatre space.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Customer service experience preferred, previous usher experience a plus.
- Ability to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week. Shifts are 2.5-3.5 hours long, generally Tuesday – Sunday while in production. Matinee availability is a strong plus.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant. Proof of covid-19 vaccination and booster required for employment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No mail or calls.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.