Usher Staff-PART TIME
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that has recently produced School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, seeks highly personable and welcoming, part-time ushers to join MCC’s staff. MCC Theater will be opening The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space in the Winter of 2018, featuring two state-of-the-art theaters, The Newman Mills Theater (245 seats) and The Susan & Ronald Frankel Theater (100 seats), designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional stagings.
Must be able to do a minimum of 4 shifts per week. Shifts are 2.5 hours
This audience services team member will report directly to the Audience Services Manager and work very closely with the House and Assistant House Managers. Ushers play a vital role on the Front of House team which is the front line of customer service to MCC patrons.
- Ushering and ticket taking for 2 theater spaces alongside 2 volunteer ushers
- Assist in directing patrons to appropriate theater spaces, restrooms, box office and bar
- Maintain knowledge of the MCC productions currently playing and in the season
- Assist the House Manager and/or Assistant House Manager
- May need to operate the Elevator to assist the control of people traffic as well as assist patrons in transit to their proper theater space
Start date: January 14, 2019
Shifts: Tuesday – Sunday while in production.
Pay: $37.50 per shift
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] (Subject line: Usher Staff search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.