MARKETING & AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSISTANT
MCC Theater seeks a creative and driven MARKETING & AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSISTANT to join its staff. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager, and works collaboratively across the organization as part of a 4-person marketing and audience services team.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
MCC Theater is an award-winning off-Broadway theater company. Our mission is to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would. We are dedicated to producing work that pushes audiences, artists, and students alike to confront and consider preconceived notions about contemporary social issues. We fulfill our mission across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; artistic development; deep and enriching public engagement programs; and in-school and after-school educational programs that foster in high school students the desire to be heard and the courage to speak out.
With the opening of the $20 million state-of-the-art Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space on West 52nd Street in January 2019, MCC brought all programming and administrative operations under one roof for the first time in its history. The space features two state-of-the-art theaters, the Newman Mills Theater (245 seats) and the Susan & Ronald Frankel Theater (100+ seats, flexible configuration), two studios and ample public space. Notable recent productions include Only Gold, Space Dogs, The Wrong Man, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Charm, Punk Rock, and many others over its 30+ years
COMPENSATION: This is a full time, non-exempt position. Salary is $45,000 annually plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits. During productions, this will follow a five-day weekly schedule, including Saturday and Sunday, with three week days to be determined. When not in production, the schedule will switch to standard administrative office hours of Monday – Friday, 10AM – 6PM.
- Support the Marketing team in the creation and execution of promotional campaign materials
- Assist the Marketing Associate with content capture and social media content creation
- Maintain the approvals process for various marketing materials & projects
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Audience Services with departmental scheduling, internally and with external vendors
- Process invoices and accurately update budget tracking excel sheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist the Audience Services Manager with drafting weekly box office and front of house staff schedules (including House Managers, Assistant House Managers, and Ushers) during production runs
- Maintain the supply of programs, merchandise inventory, and ticketing materials in the box office
- Support the Audience Services Manager with box office administrative functions as needed, including data processing, customer outreach, and ongoing management of box office reporting
- Provide support to the box office staff and front of house teams, including coverage for missing positions, and communicating any immediate front-of-house needs to the administrative team.
- Provide in-person support across multiple departments for special events around audience development, public engagement, and fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Experience with a ticketing CRM preferred, but not required.
- Front of House or Customer Service experience a plus!
- Must be detail and deadline oriented with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong and warm verbal communicator
- Strong Excel and computer (database) skills; facility with numbers
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work
- Knowledge of theater preferred, but not required. Enthusiasm for theater is a must!
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant with self-opening entrance doors, elevators, ramps, and ADA-compliant restrooms on both floors.
Proof of vaccination and boosting against COVID-19 required.
The application deadline is September 10, 2023. Applications require both a resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, briefly tell us what you think you can uniquely bring to the role while sharing what you hope to learn on the job. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with MARKETING & AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSISTANT in the subject line. No mail or calls.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.