MARKETING & AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSISTANT
MCC Theater seeks a MARKETING & AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSISTANT to join its staff as the theater returns to live producing. This entry level position provides a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of both institutional marketing and Front of House processes behind the scenes and on the frontlines of customer service at a prominent off-Broadway theater. It will allow an individual to gain the knowledge and develop the skill set for these two career paths within the theater industry. This assistant reports to the Director of Marketing & Audience Services and works collaboratively across the organization as part of a 4-person marketing team.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among many others.
COMPENSATION: This is a full time, non-exempt position. Salary is $45,000 annually plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
· Collaborate on the creation of marketing strategy and planning
· Oversee and maintain approvals process for various marketing materials & projects
· Coordinate departmental scheduling internally and with external vendors
· Process invoices and accurately update budget tracking excel sheets
· Key marketing dept liaison with our Public Engagement dept
· Schedule weekly Box Office and Front of House staff during production runs
· Collaborate with the Director on spearheading/researching ADA initiatives and trends
· Draft e-blast copy and maintain e-blast calendar
· Key liaison with our community organizations/partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
· Must be detail and deadline oriented with excellent time management skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong and warm verbal communicator
· Strong Excel and computer (database) skills; facility with numbers
· Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work
· Knowledge of theater desired but not necessary
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant. Self-opening entrance doors, elevators, ramps, as well as, ADA compliant restrooms on both floors.
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 required.
Applications require both a resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, briefly tell us what you think you can uniquely bring to the role while sharing what you hope to learn on the job. Submit application to email@example.com with MARKETING & AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSISTANT in the subject line. No mail or calls.
Want access to our full 2022/23 season?
Click to YES to learn more about all the exclusive benefits for
SUBSCRIBERS & PATRONS
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.