INDIVIDUAL GIVING AND SPECIAL EVENTS ASSOCIATE
MCC THEATER seeks a collaborative, passionate, and self-starting Individual Giving and Special Events Associate to join their Development Department. This associate will assist in the management of MCC’s Patron Program, work with the Manager of Individual Giving to conceive and execute donor appeals and support the Manager of Special Events to produce a variety of fundraising events, including our premiere fundraising event, Miscast.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
For over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of-the-art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming, and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among others.
MCC Produces 4-5 productions each season (4 slated for 2021/22) as well as PlayLabs and SongLabs developmental readings and workshops.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is $45,000/year, firm to start, plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary support to Manager of Individual Giving and Manage of Special Events. Some evenings and flexible weekend hours may be needed, with amplr notice. The Individual Giving and Special Events Associate reports to the Manager of Individual Giving and Manager of Special Events.
- Support fulfillment of Patron Program/donor benefits and communications
- Support logistics of bi-monthly renewal and recruitment efforts
- Coordinate house seat requests/releases through Company Management
- Assist with execution of Patron communication and mailings
- Generate mail merges and coordinate renewal efforts
- Track use of Patron benefits throughout the season
Miscast and Special Events
- Support Manager of Special Events on all aspects of gala execution, including:
- Organize solicitation and invitation lists
- Create and develop appropriate sales tools and collateral
- Recruit and manage event volunteers
- Assist in benefit fulfillment and donor recognition
- Plan and manage logistic details of Opening Nights, including:
- Invitation creation, distribution, and RSVP tracking
- Facilitate seating and ticketing
- Coordinate photographer logistics and assist during the event
- Work with Manager of Individual Giving to support the planning and execution of Patron stewardship/cultivation events, including Patron Nights, post-show receptions, and dinners
- On-site management of events, as needed
- Manage ongoing online auction efforts and lead relationship with CharityBuzz
- Manage all follow-up and fulfillment needs
- Maintain correspondence with Leadership Council members by scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and record minutes as needed
- Ideal candidate has at least 1 year experience on a development team, in a customer service role, or other related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Customer service or sales oriented
- Familiarity with planning and executing events a plus
- CRM experience, Spektrix a plus
- Fluency with spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one project at a time
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work.
- Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Please submit a resume and include a cover letter telling us about your skills, interests, and what excites you most about the MCC community. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with Individual Giving and Special Events Associate in the subject line by Wednesday, September 29. No mail or calls.
Want access to our full 2022/23 season?
Click to YES to learn more about all the exclusive benefits for
SUBSCRIBERS & PATRONS
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.