FINANCE & BUSINESS MANAGER
MCC Theater seeks a skilled, proactive FINANCE & BUSINESS MANAGER to join the organization as it returns to live producing. This position has responsibility managing financial operations, payroll, benefit administration and other financial activities as part of a 3-person Finance department. The Finance & Business Manager reports to the Director of
Finance will work collaboratively across the organization.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among many others.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is $58,500 (firm) annually plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial reporting, GL management, financial operations, payroll & tax processing, and benefits administration.
- Production of monthly P&L forecast and cash flow reports
- Preparation of monthly activity reports for each department to reconcile budget activity
- Quarterly financial statements for board and finance committee meetings
- Preparation of financial information for grant applications
- Ad hoc financial reports
- Support Director of Finance on annual budget preparation, year-end audit & 990 processes, and government relief programs tracking.
- Maintenance of GL chart of accounts and class listing
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Monthly review of all line items booked to the P&L for appropriate class and account
- Weekly allocation of production settlements from Spektrix & third-party ticketing services
- Weekly allocation of payroll activity
- Other general journal entries and allocations as appropriate
Payroll, Tax, and Benefits
- Management of the maintenance of vendor and employee information, including all required paperwork.
- W-2 distribution and preparation & distribution of 1099s
- Processing bi-weekly administrative payroll
- Educating all staff members on payroll policies, including applicable federal, state, and local laws
- Administration of employee benefits, including 403(b) plan, paid time off, and medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Onboarding all new full-time employees and maintaining personnel files for each full-time employee
- Active participation in MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity and inclusion and applying EDI principles to scope of work.
- Work with Director of Finance on cash management, including oversight of checking accounts and line of credit use
- Liaise with CRM system, Spektrix, on any report creation or reporting issues
- Liaise with third-party credit card processor, Worldpay, on any credit card processing issues or chargebacks
- Reviewing entry and troubleshoot issues with Finance Associate: daily accounts receivable & deposit processing, weekly accounts payable processing, weekly production & front of house payroll, and monthly credit card expense statement entry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop, MS Excel, payroll processing systems (Paylocity a plus), and/or CRM systems & reporting (Spektrix a plus).
- Familiarity with financial reporting, internal controls, and payment modalities.
- Knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal and state tax & payroll laws, and guidelines for nonprofit organizations.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead, train, and manage the Finance Associate.
- Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 required.
Applications require both a resume and a cover letter. Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to share with us why you are interested in joining our team and what you would uniquely bring to MCC in this role – what motivates you, what keeps you engaged, etc. Submit application to email@example.com with Finance & Business Manager in the subject line. No mail or calls.
Want access to our full 2022/23 season?
Click to YES to learn more about all the exclusive benefits for
SUBSCRIBERS & PATRONS
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.