MCC Theater seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented FINANCE ASSISTANT to join its staff. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance & Business Manager working with the Director of Finance and collaboratively with departments across the organization.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
MCC Theater is an award-winning off-Broadway theater company. Our mission is to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would. We are dedicated to producing work that pushes audiences, artists, and students alike to confront and consider preconceived notions about contemporary social issues. We fulfill our mission across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; artistic development; deep and enriching public engagement programs; and in-school and after-school educational programs that foster in high school students the desire to be heard and the courage to speak out.
With the opening of the $20 million state-of-the-art Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space on West 52nd Street in January 2019, MCC brought all programming and administrative operations under one roof for the first time in its history. The space features two state-of-the-art theaters, the Newman Mills Theater (245 seats) and the Susan & Ronald Frankel Theater (100+ seats, flexible configuration), two studios, and ample public space. Notable recent productions include Only Gold, Space Dogs, The Wrong Man, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Charm, Punk Rock, and many others over its 30+ years
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is $47,500 annually plus health, dental, and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assisting the Finance department with the daily financial operations, reporting, and other administrative tasks.
- Accounts payable invoice and check request processing, distribution, and follow-up.
- Accounts receivable processing deposits received by checks, cash, and credit card, including ticket sales, donations, subscriptions, and patron memberships.
- Processing payroll every week for hourly-based employees.
- Preparation of credit card reports for each cardholder and entering credit card charges according to the monthly statements.
- Reconcile ticket sales and facility fees by production.
- Reconcile petty cash advances for production staff, including stage management, props, and costumes.
- Based on information from the Developmental Department, maintain accurate pledge records for patron memberships, Captial Campaign, and institutional donors, among others.
- Preparation of tracking reports for outstanding balances on pledges and other receivables and check-ins with developmental staff on income activity.
- Support department with daily data entry, Quickbooks journal entries, and audit preparation including retrieval items.
- Other ad hoc financial daily projects as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Have a good understanding of financial accrual accounting.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be detail and deadline-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to work closely with other departments.
- Shows initiative and forethought in completing financial projects.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Desktop, MS Excel, Paylocity Payroll, and/or, and/or Spektrix a plus.
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and applying EDI principles to the scope of work.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education are a plus.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA-compliant with self-opening entrance doors, elevators, ramps, and ADA-compliant restrooms on both floors.
Proof of vaccination and boosting against COVID-19 is required.
The application deadline is December 15, 2023, with a start date of January 17, 2024. Applications require both a resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, briefly tell us what you think you can uniquely bring to the role while sharing what you hope to learn on the job. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with FINANCE ASSISTANT in the subject line. No mail or calls.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.