FACILITIES & OPERATIONS MANAGER
MCC Theater seeks an experienced and skilled Facilities & Operations Manager to oversee the operations and maintenance of the Robert W. Wilson MCC Space, MCC’s 25,000 square foot multi-use theater complex. Coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Facilities & Operations Manager will be a key strategic partner in ensuring MCC’s safe re-opening.
The Facilities & Operations Manager reports to the General Manager.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among many others.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position, which requires some evenings and weekend hours. Salary is commensurate with experience: $60,000-$70,000/yr, plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, not limited to):
- Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, security, plumbing, and waste management
- Schedule H/VAC for all activities within the building
- Review all vendor contracts/invoices and approve prior to payment; manage and review service contracts annually to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Oversee the management of security team, maintenance and janitorial personnel and other on-site contractors
- Ensure coordination with Audience Services team as relates to security during evening hour
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Assist with compliance steps for TCO and Public Assembly permits
- Work with General Manager to create Facilities budget for the venue; maintain budget over the year
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance
- Respond to off-hours emergencies, reporting to the site when required
- Serve as point of contract with neighboring tenants and landlord
- Assist in management of construction and other projects as they arise
- Work closely with General Manager and Production Manager to coordinate resources and address challenged related to theater operation and production
- Work with Front of House and Stage Management team for each show to ensure smooth operations for performances
- Includes being on call and/or present during performances for any building issues
- Maintain office supplies, cleaning supplies, maintenance supplies (light bulbs, etc)
- Coordinate facilities operations during events outside theatrical productions; oversee daily event needs, assist with event load-ins, and work events as needed
- Maintain and update Emergency Response Plan; ensure that the company is prepared with a comprehensive plan for all events
- Spearhead all cleaning and maintenance related to COVID compliance with CDC, City and State guidelines.
Individual will need to obtain the following Certificates of Fitness from the FDNY:
- Fireguard (F-01)
- Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel (F-03)
- Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems (S-95)
- Fire and Emergency Drill Conductor (F-07)
- Sprinkler (S-12) and Standpipe (S-14)
- Flame Retardant Treatment (C-15)
- Storage, Handling, Use and Refilling of Non-Flammable Gas Cylinders (G-46)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in premises/facilities operations management, preferably in a theater or arts organization
- Knowledge of:
- automated BMS, CCTV (CCMS) trouble ticket systems
- building/mechanical, electrical systems (MEP)
- construction/MEP drawings
- NYC/NYS building codes and laws
- H/VAC systems
- General electrical, plumbic and carpentry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work.
- Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (Subject line: FACILITIES & OPERATIONS MANAGER search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.