BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include ONLY GOLD, soft, WHICH WAY TO THE STAGE, SCHOOL GIRLS; or THE AFRICAN MEAN GIRLS PLAY, BLKS, ALL THE NATALIE PORTMANS, THE WRONG MAN, ALICE BY HEART, THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA MCBRIDE and HAND TO GOD, among many others.
This audience services team member will report directly to the Director of Marketing & Audience Services and Audience Services Manager and play a vital role at managing relationships with MCC audiences, including, but not limited to, Subscribers, Members and Single Ticket Buyers.
COMPENSATION: Pay is $17.50 per hour with a minimum shift of 4 hours. This is a part-time position. Minimum of 4 shifts per week. Staffers can swap shifts amongst other box office assistants.
- Provide exceptional service to MCC audiences, including ticket exchanges, benefit delivery, and information on productions throughout our season via phone, email, and in person at the Box Office
- Process ticket and subscriber/membership orders
- Work closely with the Audience Services Manager to process and prepare tickets for press, special events, third-party orders and group sales
- Prepare post-show box office reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Spektrix knowledge a plus
- Must be detail oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work
- Knowledge of theater desired but not necessary
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant. Self-opening entrance doors, elevators, ramps, as well as, ADA compliant restrooms on both floors.
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 required.
Applications require both a resume and a cover letter. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT in the subject line. No mail or calls.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.