MCC Theater seeks an experienced and skilled Facilities Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, the company’s 25,000 square foot multi-use theater complex.
The Facilities Manager reports to the Director of Production & Facilities.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming, and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among many others.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position, which requires some evening and weekend hours. Salary is commensurate with experience: $60,000-$70,000/yr, plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), paid time off, and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, not limited to):
- Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, security, plumbing, and waste management
- Schedule H/VAC for all activities within the building
- Review all vendor contracts/invoices and approve prior to payment; manage and review service contracts annually to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Oversee the management of security team, maintenance and janitorial personnel and other on-site contractors
- Ensure coordination with Audience Services team as relates to security during performance hours
- Ensure compliance with fire, health and safety standards and industry codes
- Administer and maintain door codes and key cards access to the building
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance
- Respond to off-hours emergencies, reporting to the site when required
- Serve as point of contact with neighboring tenants and landlord
- Work closely with Director of Production & Facilities to coordinate resources and address challenges related to theater operation and production
- Facilitate scheduling of Fire Marshall inspections, flame-proofing, explosives or open flame permits needed for productions as required
- Work with Front of House and Stage Management team for each production and event to ensure smooth operations for performances
- Includes being on call and/or present during performances for any building issues
Ensures Front of House team has appropriate certificates and are informed on safety protocols and procedures
- Coordinate facilities operations during events outside theatrical productions; oversee daily event needs, assist with event load-ins, and work events as needed
- Assist in the management of construction and other building projects as they arise
Individual will need to be certified in all pertinent FDNY Certificates of Fitness such as:
- Fireguard (F-01)
- Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel (F-03)
- Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems (S-95)
- Fire and Emergency Drill Conductor (F-07)
- Sprinkler (S-12) and Standpipe (S-14)
- Flame Retardant Treatment (C-15)
- Storage, Handling, Use and Refilling of Non-Flammable Gas Cylinders (G-46)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in premises/facilities management, preferably in a theater or arts organization, or event venue
- Knowledge of:
- automated BMS, CCTV (CCMS) trouble ticket systems
- building/mechanical, electrical systems (MEP)
- construction/MEP drawings
- NYC/NYS building codes and laws
- NYC Fire Codes
- H/VAC systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work
- Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters
- Detail-oriented, pro-active, multi-tasker with ability to set and manage priorities
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant. Self-opening entrance doors, elevators, ramps, as well as ADA-compliant restrooms on both floors.
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 required.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: FACILITIES MANAGER search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.