ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER STAFF – MCC THEATER, New York, NY
MCC Theater seeks highly personable and welcoming, part-time assistant house managers to join MCC’s staff. Assistant House Manager staff report to the Audience Services Manager and will work closely with the House Managers and Ushers.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among many others.
RESPONSIBILITIES: AHMs play a vital role as the front line of customer service to MCC patrons as well as assist in overseeing the ushers.
- Assist in responding to issues and/or emergencies that may arise pre, during or post show
- Assist in ensuring proper fire-safety procedures are in place during every performance
- Assist in orienting and supervising all ushers
- Assist the House Manager and/or Assistant House Manager
- May need to operate the Elevator to assist the control of people traffic as well as assist patrons in transit to their proper theatre space.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as an usher or assistant house manager preferred.
- Ability to work a minimum of 4 shifts per week. Shifts are 2.5-3 hours long, generally Tuesday – Sunday while in production.
- Applicants must be Fireguard and CPR certified, otherwise applicant must be certified in both before beg MCC will cover cost of certification if needed.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant. Proof of covid-19 vaccination and booster required for employment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No mail or calls.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.