MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that has recently produced Alice by Heart, School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, is seeking a Theater Concierge to join our staff at the Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space on West 52nd Street. This is a Full-Time position.
Reporting to the Facilities and Operations Manager, the Theater Concierge will ensure guests receive an exceptional experience by attending to their needs in a timely, helpful and proficient manner starting from the moment they walk in the door. The Theater Concierge will guide guests to the appropriate department, while answering questions as needed to ensure a positive guest experience. The Theater Concierge will also ensure the security of the space by monitoring entrances and exits of the premises of all individuals.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all guests have an amazing experience and are assisted promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image.
- Greet guests upon entering and departing the facility.
- Answer telephone within three rings and answer questions or direct calls to the appropriate team member.
- Communicate guest questions or concerns to managers as appropriate.
- Keep foyer, wait area and tables clean and free of clutter.
- Provide assistance to guests with special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Direct patrons to restrooms, appropriate office, and the box office upon request.
- Ensure doors are always closed.
- Manage informational kiosk.
- Keep Facilities and Operations Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Ensure entrance only to theater patrons; keep unauthorized areas clear from patrons, guests, and visitors.
- Adhere to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assist other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Contact Security and Facilities and Operations Manager should an emergency arise.
- Create a daily schedule of the various activities in the building.
- Maintain and monitor daily guest lists.
- Direct deliveries to proper locations and track packages.
- Oversee and distribute all mail.
- Help maintain list of key cards and credential badges.
- Ensure office supplies are stocked and inventoried regularly.
This is a Full-Time position.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 5:30pm
Salary: mid $30s
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off. Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (Subject line: THEATER CONCIERGE search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.