MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that has recently produced School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, full time Marketing Manager to join MCC’s staff, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
MCC Theater will begin producing in The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space in January of 2019. The new complex will feature two state-of-the-art theaters, The Newman Mills Theater (245 seats) and the Susan & Ronald Frankel Theater (100 seats), designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional stagings.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in arts marketing, including but not limited to: experience as a supervisor; managing budgets; understanding of subscription campaigns and ticketing/ticketing systems; highly organized and goal oriented; knowledge of New York theater as well as familiarity with MCC’s mission, history and programming; and excellent interpersonal manner/skills.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies for annual subscription campaigns and single ticket sales campaigns for all annual mainstage productions and events
- Project manager for the marketing department/creative services requests from other departments
- Manage external vendor relationships which includes but is not limited to print shops, mail houses, photographers and outside graphic teams
- Conduct audience and market research and work with Marketing Director on outreach to new audiences
- Manage content updates of the MCC website.
- Oversee copywriting and editing for all external communications and marketing materials
- Maintain and update style guide and coordinate adherence to branding across the organization
- Coordinate interdepartmental approvals strategy
- Oversee relationships with peer theatres for cross-promotion opportunities
- Assist in the creation of annual marketing expense and income budgets and reconcile monthly department expenses
- Supervise marketing assistant in invoice tracking of department expenses
- Act as lead audience liaison to the Audience Services Department to support and resolve issues for current/potential subscribers and single ticket buyers
- Highly organized with demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Technical skills: Spektrix or similar CRM, MailChimp/Dot Mailer, WordPress; experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook; proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, HTML, preferred; proficiency in social media
This is a full-time position. Salary range is low-mid $50ks. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] (Subject line: Marketing Manager search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Productions will begin in OUR NEW HOME in JAN of 2019 and allow us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.