Reports to Director of Marketing & Communications
MCC Theater, the award-winning Off-Broadway theater that has produced ALICE BY HEART, SCHOOOL GIRLS; OR, THE AFRICAN MEAN GIRLS PLAY, THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA McBRIDE, HAND TO GOD, THE NETHER, PUNK ROCK, REASONS TO BE PRETTY, and FAT PIG, among others, seeks a dynamic Marketing Assistant to join our Marketing team.
The Marketing Assistant will join MCC – now at home in Hell’s Kitchen at THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE – at a time of unprecedented institutional growth with excellent opportunities for professional development. This full-time position will require some night or weekend hours as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience in arts marketing, preferably theater; excellent writing, editing skills; strong understanding and experience of managing social media platforms; understanding of subscription campaigns and ticketing/ticketing systems; knowledge of New York theater required.
CONTENT CREATION & MANAGEMENT
- Assist Marketing Manager in the creation, development and monitoring of our social media content strategy under supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications
- Assist in monitoring and regularly updating the company’s website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Execute content and develop original content ideas for social media across all accounts for MCC Theater with direction from the Marketing Manager
- Draft eblast copy to single ticket buyers, subscribers, etc.
- Assist in proofing all external marketing materials and digital content
- Actively research new digital media trends and generate new content ideas
- Make regular website updates
- Work with marketing and other departments to strategize and execute audience diversification and outreach opportunities
ANALYTICS & ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Compile and report daily sales and other data, segmentation
- Work closely with Spektrix support team
- Act as liaison to the Audience Services department
- Support marketing team in scheduling meetings, agendas and other administrative support
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects on short- and long-lead deadlines
- Knowledge of theater is strongly desired
- Experience with social media management (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, HTML preferred
This is a Full-Time position.
Salary: high $30s to low $40s
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off.
Please send resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample to: [email protected] (Subject line: MARKETING ASSISTANT search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.