MANAGER OF INDIVIDUAL GIVING
MCC THEATER seeks an organized, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Manager of Individual Giving to join their Development Department. The Manager of Individual Giving will conceive and execute donor appeals, create strategies for maximizing donor relationships, and manage MCC’s Patron Program. This position acts as lead support for all Board fundraising efforts and facilitates all logistics for board meetings, committee meetings, and more.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
For over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of-the-art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming, and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among others.
MCC Produces 4-5 productions each season (4 slated for 2021/22) as well as PlayLabs and SongLabs developmental readings and workshops.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $58,500-$65,000/year, plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary contact for all individual donor inquiries and Board correspondence. Some evenings and flexible weekend hours may be needed, with ample notice. The Manager of Individual Giving reports to the Director of Development.
- Manage the Patron Program, comprised of donors with annual giving between $1,500 and $10,000
- Develop and execute strategies for acquisition and upgrade to the Producer’s Circle Level ($10,000+)
- Cultivate relationships with prospects and current donors
- Oversee fulfillment of Patron Program benefits and communications:
- Manage logissstics of bi-monthly renewal and recruitment efforts
- Coordinate execution of Patron events, including invitations, seating, ticketing, and facilitating prospect hit lists
- Coordinate house seat requests/releases through Company Management
- Oversee execution of Patron communications and mailings (via paper mail, email, and social media channels)
- Oversee donor research and prospecting, drawing upon subscription base, single ticket buyer lists, gala supporters, outside lists, online auction, and others
- Identify leads for Telefund team, working closely with the Telefund Manager on renewal and acquisition strategy
- Conceive and execute annual appeal mailings and campaigns
- Devise and execute fundraising opportunities to engage special interest donors
Board and MCC Council
- Act as lead support for Board of Directors’ fundraising activities, including soliciting prospects for their support through the Patron Program, Campaign, Miscast, and any additional fundraising events throughout the year
- Oversee and staff Nominating Committee and support other Board Committees as needed
- Work closely with Executive Director and Director of Development to manage and maintain correspondence with board members regarding donor prospects, meetings, calendar, Patron Program events, readings, production related events, and education events
- Additional duties as assigned
- Assist Manager of Special Events and Development team with all execution of all donor events
- Oversee the Board Solicitation process for all fundraising events, ensuring a holistic strategy around donor prospects
- Spearhead annual Miscast Gala seating and maintain check-in lists
- Facilitate guest research and strategize donor engagement with staff and leadership
- Ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience on a development team with a focus on individual giving, or other related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated success cultivating relationships with donors and prospects as well as soliciting gifts
- CRM experience, Spektrix a plus
- Fluency with spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one project at a time
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work.
- Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Please submit a resume and include a cover letter telling us about your skills, interests, and what excites you most about the MCC community. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Individual Giving in the subject line by Tuesday, September 7. No mail or calls.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.