FINANCE ASSISTANT (P/T)
MCC Theater seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Finance Assistant to join MCC’s staff. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance & Business Manager and works collaboratively across the organization, including with the Finance Director.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
Over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning
off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never
happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual
productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices;
deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and, intensive in-school and after-school
programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of the art theater complex, The Robert
W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming and administrative
operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls
Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia
McBride, and Hand to God, among many others.
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a flexible schedule of 25 hours
per week. Hourly rate is $20 per hour, plus paid sick leave, opt-in 403(b), and pre-tax transit
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assisting the Finance department with the financial operations, financial
reporting, and other administrative tasks.
• Accounts payable invoice and check request processing, distribution, and follow up.
• Accounts receivable and settlement processing received by checks, cash, and credit
card, including ticket sales, donations, subscriptions, and patron memberships and
• Preparation of weekly credit card reports for each cardholder and entering credit card
charges according to the monthly statement.
• Assisting with entry of new employees and weekly payroll processing for part-time and
• Assist in reconciling petty cash advances for production staff, including stage
management, props, and costumes.
• Assisting with maintaining accurate pledge records for patron memberships, Capital
campaign, and institutional donors, among others.
• Filing paid invoices, deposits, payroll records, pledges, and other departmental records.
• Assisting with the preparation of monthly activity reports and reconciliations with
• Support departments with budget tracking, contract preparation, and other financial
tasks as necessary.
• Other ad hoc financial projects as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
• Familiarity with QuickBooks Desktop, MS Excel, Paylocity Payroll, and/or Spektrix a
• Excellent attention to detail and eagerness to learn non-profit accounting principles.
• Active participation in MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of
belonging rooted in equity, diversity and inclusion and applying EDI principles to scope
• Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to grow the position.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Applications require both a resume and a cover letter. Submit application to
firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance Assistant in the subject line. No mail or calls
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.