Director of Audience Services
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that has recently produced School Girls; Or, the African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, full time Director of Audience Services to join MCC’s senior staff, reporting to the Executive Director.
MCC Theater will be opening The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space in the Fall of 2018, featuring two state-of-the-art theaters, The Newman Mills Theater (245 seats) and The Susan & Ronald Frankel Theater (100 seats), designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional stagings.The Director of Audience Services will be a new member of the senior leadership team for the organization and have the opportunity to form and train MCC Theater’s first front of house and box office teams, and play a vital role in the strategic approach to the MCC audience experience.
The position will communicate directly with colleagues in other departments including, Company Management, General Management, Marketing and Development and production teams.
- Manage hiring, training and supervision of audience services staff including house management and box office management
- Create schedules for front of house and box office staff, as well as volunteer ushers
- Address escalated customer service concerns
- Lead by example in both excellent customer service and effective sales and donation calls
- Lead weekly audience services staff meetings
- Provide exceptional service to MCC patrons, including ticket exchanges, benefit delivery, and information on productions throughout our season via phone, web, email, and in person at the Box Office window
- Manage campaigns outlined by development and marketing departments
- Set goals and strategy for audience services staff to solicit donations, renew subscriptions and patron memberships
- Helps determine which subscription/donor options will provide the best experience for audiences to create the optimal relationship with MCC leading to increased giving/subscribing levels.
- Manage staff conducting daily cash balancing, report cleanup, and other administrative projects by General Management, Marketing Director and Development Staff
- Work with Manager of Audience Services and Accessibility to successfully facilitate and execute MCC’s accessibility initiatives
- Coordinate and communicate with Facilities and Operations Manager for smooth pre and post show operations
- Will be required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends
Ideal candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker and have 5+ years of experience in audience services, with direct ticket sales; at least 2 years of experience managing direct-reports and/or consultants; an understanding of not-for-profit structures and dynamics; and demonstrated ability to achieve campaign goals.
This is a full-time position. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Salary range is mid $60ks. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] (Subject line: DIRECTOR OF AUDIENCE SERVICES search)
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Productions will begin in OUR NEW HOME in JAN of 2019 and allow us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.