MCC Facilities and Operations Manager
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that has recently produced School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, seeks a full time Facilities and Operations Manager to join MCC’s staff. MCC Theater recently opened our new home, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space on West 52nd Street.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Facilities and Operations Manager oversees all day-to-day operations and maintenance of MCC Theater’s brand-new 27,000 square foot performing arts venue, with 2 theaters, 2 rehearsal rooms, administrative offices, costume shop, dressing rooms, green room, and other support spaces, working to ensure facilities functions are coordinated effectively into the performance and events schedule.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, security, plumbing, and waste management
- Review all vendor contracts/invoices and approve prior to payment; manage and review service contracts annually to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Oversee the management of security team, maintenance and janitorial personnel and other on-site contractors
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Assist with compliance steps for TCO and Public Assembly permits
- Work with General Manager to create Facilities budget for the venue; maintain budget over the year
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance
- Respond to off-hours emergencies, reporting to the site when required
- Serve as point of contract with neighboring tenants and landlord
- Assist in management of construction and other projects as they arise
- Work closely with General Manager, Production Manager and Front of House Team
- Maintain office supplies, cleaning supplies, maintenance supplies (light bulbs, etc)
- Coordinate facilities operations during events outside theatrical productions; oversee daily event needs, assist with event load-ins, and work events as needed
Individual most hold or obtain the following Certificates of Fitness from the FDNY:
- Fireguard (F-01)
- Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel (F-03)
- Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems (S-95)
- Fire and Emergency Drill Conductor (F-07)
- Sprinkler (S-12) and Standpipe (S-14)
- Flame Retardant Treatment (C-15)
- Storage, Handling, Use and Refilling of Non-Flammable Gas Cylinders (G-46)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 Years’ experience in premises/facilities operations management, preferably in a theater or arts organization
- Knowledge of automated BMS, CCTV (CCMS) trouble ticket systems
- Solid knowledge of building/mechanical, electrical systems (MEP)
- Knowledge of construction/MEP drawings
- Knowledge of building codes and laws
- Knowledge of HVAC systems
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbic and carpentry
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Salary range is high $50s. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (Subject line: FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS MANAGER search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.