Reports to the Artistic Producer
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that that has recently produced School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of a full-time Artistic Assistant. The Artistic Assistant will be a key member of the Artistic Team with a focus on substantial administrative duties. Artistic Assistant will report directly to the Artistic Producer.
- Schedule Artistic Meetings for Artistic Team as needed, which includes booking space and coordinating with artists and other MCC departments
- Manage Artistic department calendar and the schedules of the Artistic Producer and Artistic Directors
- Track New York and Regional productions
- Assist Manager of Artistic Development with play submission process
- Attend external readings and productions as needed
- In coordination with Artistic staff, attend and facilitate discovery readings
- Attend previews and Artistic meetings as needed
- Provide Artistic support of Youth Company, including Youth Company involvement with mainstage productions
- Provide administrative and research support for Public Engagement initiatives
- Assist with EPAs
- Day to Day Supervision of new programming initiatives which includes facilitating meetings and booking and organizing space
- Travel/Ticket booking
- Reconciling receipts for expenses and Artistic department budget
- Must be available for nights and weekends for events as needed
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for theater, a serious interest in arts administration, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to effectively multi-task, strong computer skills (specifically Microsoft Office and Outlook), an understanding of MCC Theater’s mission.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid time off.
Salary range high $30s to low $40s
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: Artistic Assistant. NO CALLS.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- What about MCC Theater specifically appeals to you?
- What previous work experience makes you an excellent candidate for this position?
MCC recognizes that empowering individuals with a diversity of perspectives informed by their race, ethnicity, gender, class, physical ability and sexual orientation helps us fulfill our mission to create bold, new work that challenges ideas about contemporary issues and provokes conversation. Individuals from communities currently underrepresented in the theater community and arts administration are strongly encouraged to apply.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.