Associate Line Producer
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that has recently produced Alice By Heart, BLKS, School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Associate Line Producer. The Associate Line Producer will be a key member of the Artistic Team with a focus on development of new work and production. Associate Line Producer will report directly to the Artistic Producer.
- Assist Artistic Producer on all productions, workshops, and readings as assigned.
- In liaison with Manager of Artistic Development, facilitate Artistic Directors’ vision for each project by attending rehearsals, run-throughs, tech, previews and note sessions as needed. Monitor the rehearsal progress and maintain connection with Artistic Producer throughout, facilitating whatever support or engagement the production may need during the process to ensure that the project is brought to life optimally.
- Line Produce MCC’s Youth Company’s annual production of Uncensored and its annual reading series FreshPlay.
- Line Produce one-off events and smaller ancillary projects as needed.
- Execute full season calendar and keep updated as needed.
- Oversee MCC’s Stage Management Fellowship Program and Production Ambassador Program.
- Provide production support to Public Engagement/Education and Development as needed.
- Coordinate internal director/designer database.
- Attend external readings and productions as needed.
- Must be available for nights and weekends for events as needed.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for theater, experience in producing, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to effectively multi-task, and an understanding of MCC Theater’s mission.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid time off.
Salary: High $40s to low $50s
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] (Subject line: ASSOCIATE LINE PRODUCER) NO CALLS.
In your cover letter please include answers to the following questions:
- What about MCC Theater specifically appeals to you?
- What previous work experience makes you an excellent candidate for this position?
MCC recognizes that empowering individuals with a diversity of perspectives informed by their race, ethnicity, gender, class, physical ability and sexual orientation helps us fulfill our mission to create bold, new work that challenges ideas about contemporary issues and provokes conversation. Individuals from communities currently underrepresented in the theater community and arts administration are strongly encouraged to apply.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.