Assistant General Manager
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that that has recently produced School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, seeks a highly organized, detail oriented full-time Assistant General Manager to join MCC’s staff. Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will join MCC for the first full season at our new home, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space.
- Negotiate and draft all actor and designer contracts
- Negotiate and draft all assistant/associate agreements and any other creative team members for productions (dialect coach, fight director, e.g.)
- Track and arrange all production related payments, included but not limited to production invoices, union dues, pension, health, 401K, commissions
- Assist General Manager on musician and music preparation agreements
- Prepare royalty reports for director and author
- Coordinate visa process for non-resident alien artists
- Manage all readings/workshops contracting and paperwork
- Manage all PlayLab events/performances with support from Company Manager
- Proof all marketing materials to ensure they align with contractual obligations
- Create seasonal calendar and collaborate with other departments on the performance schedules and events for all productions
- Support General Manager on union negotiations as needed
- Assist Company Manager with show coverage on an as needed basis
- Assist General Manager on administrative and office needs
- Support General Manager in operations of Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space
- Maintain space reservation system for all MCC related productions and programming
The ideal candidate should have 1-3 years of experience in General Management or Company Management in a comparable setting, experience with AEA/SDC/USA unions rules and contract interpretation and a strong ability to multi-task.
Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Salary range is high $40s to low $50s. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, citizenship status or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] (Subject line: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER search) NO CALLS.
THE ROBERT W. WILSON MCC THEATER SPACE
Our new home in Hell’s Kitchen allows us to deepen our mission and encourage greater collaboration among all of our ARTISTS, STUDENTS, and AUDIENCES.